``` ```
No Cost Services

New York EEOICPA and RECA Benefits


No-Cost Services

Many New York State residents were employed when the field of nuclear energy was first being explored. Because of this, many of the precautions we have in place today due to our knowledge of heavy metal and radiation exposure were nonexistent. This resulted in many New York residents contracting severe occupational illnesses, resulting in chronic conditionals and life-threatening cancers. Knowing that the US DOE (Department of Energy) and its contractors/subcontractors exposed thousands of New York workers to these dangerous conditions, Congress passed two acts known as the Energy Employees Occupational Illness Compensation Program (EEOICPA), and Radiation Exposure Compensation Act (RECA). Both EEOICPA and RECA provide workers or their surviving family members with lump sum payments to compensate for their illnesses in addition to other provisions. We at United Energy Workers Healthcare are able to provide EEOICPA and RECA beneficiaries with free home health care in New York, so if you qualify for these Congressional benefits, we can begin providing you services immediately.

Eligibility for Free Home Health Care

In order to qualify for our services, you must be an EEOCIPA or RECA recognized energy worker. This entails that you have contracted a chronic illness or radiological cancer and that you worked for the DOE or any one of its hired companies. If you have a chronic occupational illness but are unsure if it qualifies for EEOICPA and RECA, or if you worked with dangerous materials but are unsure if your company was contracted by the DOE, feel free to call us to evaluate your situation. We can help you determine what you need to do to prove your eligibility to the government. Any surviving family members may also reach out to us as well. We have extensive knowledge about these two acts and will be able to point you in the right direction regarding your illness.

What We Offer

Our services include anything from regular caregiving to medical assistance. Our trained professionals will help you and your family with any light housework, meal preparation, or grief counseling as necessary. The United Energy Workers Healthcare nurses can also assist you with medications and any other medical needs that you may need which can be accomplished in the home. These include anything from taking blood pressure or monitoring reactions to medications.

Receiving your Benefits

To start receiving your free home healthcare EEOCIPA and RECA benefits, make sure to call us today at 631-897-8007. Our staff is always willing to help, and we can explain any part of our services or EEOIPA/RECA guidelines you need to know to file your claim. If you are a surviving family member of a previous energy worker, you may also be entitled to compensation. Any child or spouse may feel free to call us on behalf of their relative that may be unable to do so for themselves.

From Our Clients

Listen to our clients as they share their experiences in working with United Energy Workers Healthcare.

Real stories from real people.


“Who would have ever thought you could stay at home and be a care giver and still get money.”

Who We Serve

Do you have this card?

If you already have this card, then you are already approved to receive no-cost medical benefits! Call us to get started today.

In order to be eligible for EEOICPA/RECA benefits, an individual must have been employed at a covered Department of Energy facility, an approved atomic weapons facility, or at a permitted beryllium vendor. An individual must also have one of the covered conditions as a result of exposure to radiation, beryllium, or silica while employed at an accepted facility. In addition, uranium miners, millers, and ore transporters are eligible for benefits if they develop an illness as a result of exposure to toxic substances (such as radiation, chemicals, solvents, acids, and metals) and worked at a facility covered under RECA. Eligibility requirements vary by location and condition.