``` ```
No Cost Services

Iowa EEOICPA and RECA Benefits

Iowa means “beautiful” and anyone who has lived there knows why. The rolling hills, orchards, farms, lakes, mountains and cities will just charm the pants off any visitor but as residents of Iowa, we know these sights as part of what makes Iowa such an incredible place to live. We have the highest literacy rate and we are the largest producers of pork, corn, and eggs in the nation. There is a lot to be proud of here and among those is our fabulous staff at the United Energy Healthcare Workers office in Iowa. Helping you apply for and claim the benefits and compensation you qualify for is our job and we will make you feel right at home in our Iowa-based office. It is time to stop procrastinating and start collecting the benefits you deserve.

Applying for benefits and compensation is easy

Only current or former Department of Energy (DOE) workers are eligible for benefits under EEOICPA (Energy Employees Occupational Illness Compensation Program Act). When you are ready to apply, the first step potential claimants must do is submit an in-depth record of employment history as well as medical evidence of a diagnosis. We will go over all the approved methods of proving this information when you meet with us and what kinds of documents you must provide. Surviving spouses who file a claim must also include a marriage certificate while surviving children will be required to include a birth certificate. These important documents are also available online as provided by The Division of Energy Employees Occupational Illness Compensation (DEEOIC). Once completed, claimants must mail the forms to the DOL DEEOIC Central Mail Room in London, Kentucky.

Any one of our Resources Centers can help claimants complete and submit forms and transmit documents to the DEEOIC.

Determining if you are eligible for RECA benefits

To file an RECA (Radiation Exposure Compensation Act) claim, claimants must fall under one of these categories:

  • Uranium millers
  • Uranium miners
  • Ore transporters
  • Those who lived downwind from a nuclear testing site
  • Onsite participants

Surviving spouses, children, and grandchildren of an eligible claimant may also file on that person’s behalf. Besides completing the appropriate forms, claimants must also submit supporting documentation, including the claimant’s or survivor’s death certificate, marriage certificate, birth certificate or divorce decree. It is essential for the claimant to submit proof of his or her presence in an affected area during a designated time period, which could include certified or original copies of tax, school or employment records, birth or marriage certificates, personal letters or envelopes, religious or voting records and personal diaries. Last, proof of diagnosis of one of the specific cancers for the claimant must be submitted. Once these medical records are received, the form must be sent to the Radiation Exposure Compensation Program in Washington D.C.

Let our Iowa office help you

United Energy Healthcare Workers is happy to help you through this process and answer any questions you may have. While we cannot change the past, we can help you live a better future. Compensation and benefits such as free healthcare are a few ways we can achieve that for you. Contact our office today.

606 Spring St
Burlington, IA 52601

From Our Clients

Listen to our clients as they share their experiences in working with United Energy Workers Healthcare and Four Corners Health Care.

Real stories from real people.


“Who would have ever thought you could stay at home and be a care giver and still get money.”

Who We Serve

Do you have this card?

If you already have this card, then you are already approved to receive no-cost medical benefits! Call us to get started today.

In order to be eligible for EEOICPA/RECA benefits, an individual must have been employed at a covered Department of Energy facility, an approved atomic weapons facility, or at a permitted beryllium vendor. An individual must also have one of the covered conditions as a result of exposure to radiation, beryllium, or silica while employed at an accepted facility. In addition, uranium miners, millers, and ore transporters are eligible for benefits if they develop an illness as a result of exposure to toxic substances (such as radiation, chemicals, solvents, acids, and metals) and worked at a facility covered under RECA. Eligibility requirements vary by location and condition.