``` ```
No Cost Services

Does United Energy Workers Provide Paid Services Outside of EEOICPA and RECA?FAQ

Under the EEOICPA, workers employed by the Department of Energy (DOE) who were exposed to radiation or other toxic substances at nuclear testing sites or uranium mines can receive free medical care for resulting injuries. This includes coverage for the expenses associated with receiving home health care. Unfortunately, exposure to these substances usually does not manifest for decades, at which point, patients may already be suffering from a variety of other unrelated illnesses. It can then become very difficult to differentiate which illnesses were contracted at what time and in which location. In some cases, this means that certain illnesses will not be covered by the EEOICPA. 

Personal Care

The EEOICPA authorizes coverage of home health care services for patients suffering from exposure-related illnesses. These services are intended to help patients preserve a degree of independence as well as comfort. This often takes the form of assisting with daily care, such as:

  • Bathing
  • Dressing
  • Eating
  • Using the Restroom

Our home health care team members also provide additional services, including light housekeeping and meal preparation. In some cases, our clients need assistance with certain errands, including grocery shopping or paying bills. Although we provide these services to clients who are covered by EEOICPA as well as those who are not, only covered employees will receive them free of charge.

Medical Care

At United Energy Workers Healthcare and Four Corners Health Care, we employ a number of licensed nurses who fulfill necessary medical responsibilities, such as administering medication and medical monitoring. This oversight allows medical professionals to catch any signs of complications at an early stage. These individuals visit our clients in their own homes to spare them from traveling to multiple appointments every week. This type of nursing care helps patients feel comfortable, but also ensures that they receive the one-on-one care that is necessary to proper medical monitoring and preventive care. Again, these services are free for patients covered by the EEOICPA. However, we still provide home health care to individuals suffering from multiple illnesses, some of which are covered and some of which are not covered by the EEOICPA, although in these cases, it will be necessary to bill Medicaid or a private insurer to cover the cost of treatment.

Contact a Member of our Experienced Home Health Care Team Today

Whether a person is suffering from an exposure-related illness or another illness whose cause cannot be traced, home health care services can be critical to ensuring his or her well-being and comfort. If you are suffering from an illness and have questions about the kinds of services we offer, please contact United Energy Workers Healthcare and Four Corners Health Care today at 888-912-7201.

Who We Serve

Do you have this card?

If you already have this card, then you are already approved to receive no-cost medical benefits! Call us to get started today.

In order to be eligible for EEOICPA/RECA benefits, an individual must have been employed at a covered Department of Energy facility, an approved atomic weapons facility, or at a permitted beryllium vendor. An individual must also have one of the covered conditions as a result of exposure to radiation, beryllium, or silica while employed at an accepted facility. In addition, uranium miners, millers, and ore transporters are eligible for benefits if they develop an illness as a result of exposure to toxic substances (such as radiation, chemicals, solvents, acids, and metals) and worked at a facility covered under RECA. Eligibility requirements vary by location and condition.