No Cost Services

If Your Services are Free, How Do You Get Compensated?FAQ


No-Cost Services

An old adage says that if something sounds too good to be true, that usually means it is. Learning that you may qualify for benefits under The Energy Employees Occupational Illness Compensation Program Act (EEOICPA) and/or The Radiation Exposure Compensation Act (RECA) program and that these benefits allow you to receive healthcare and treatment services for certain illnesses and conditions at no cost to you may cause you to recall this proverb. However, in the case of United Energy Workers Health, this adage holds no weight: qualified beneficiaries under the EEOICPA and RECA programs are eligible to receive medical treatment and care without any upfront cost, deductible, or copay.

Are Services and Treatments Truly Free?

If you qualify for no-cost services under EEOICPA and/or RECA and you receive these services through United Energy Workers Healthcare, you may rightfully wonder how we pay for the services that are provided to you. Because of the manner in which the EEOICPA and RECA programs are set up, and because United Energy Workers Healthcare is an enrolled provider in these programs, United Energy Workers Healthcare receives payment for services rendered directly from the U.S. Department of Labor’s Division of Energy Employees Occupational Illness Compensation.

What Happens if I Do Not Use United Energy Workers Healthcare or an Enrolled Provider?

While you are free to choose your own medical provider under the EEOICPA and RECA programs, choosing a provider that is not enrolled in the program under which you are receiving your benefits means that you may have to pay out-of-pocket costs, copays, and/or deductibles in order to receive treatment and services. You would then be able to seek reimbursement for these out-of-pocket expenses by submitting a claim directly to the Energy Employees Occupational Illness Compensation Program.

The Advantages of United Energy Workers Healthcare

Allowing United Energy Workers Healthcare to assist you in securing benefits under EEOICPA, RECA, and/or other programs provides you with several advantages:

  • First, our team of professionals can evaluate your employment background and other circumstances and help you determine whether you are entitled to medical and home health benefits under either the EEOICPA or RECA program;
  • Second, our resourceful team may be able to help you find additional programs and/or benefits to which you may be entitled if it is determined that you do not qualify under the EEOICPA or RECA program;
  • Finally, for those that do qualify for the benefits of the EEOICPA and/or RECA programs, because United Energy Workers Healthcare is enrolled under the EEOICPA and RECA programs our team of committed nurses and other caregivers are able to provide you with care and treatment for your qualifying illnesses and conditions at no cost to you.

Contact United Energy Workers Healthcare Today for Assistance

If you believe you may be entitled to benefits under the EEOICPA and/or RECA programs due to exposure to radiation during your employment with the Department of Energy or due to your proximity to a nuclear power plant, call United Energy Workers Healthcare as soon as possible at (800) 314-2383 to discuss the benefits to which you may be entitled.

From Our Clients

Listen to our clients as they share their experiences in working with United Energy Workers Healthcare.

Real stories from real people.


“Who would have ever thought you could stay at home and be a care giver and still get money.”

Who We Serve

Do you have this card?

If you already have this card, then you are already approved to receive no-cost medical benefits! Call us to get started today.

In order to be eligible for EEOICPA/RECA benefits, an individual must have been employed at a covered Department of Energy facility, an approved atomic weapons facility, or at a permitted beryllium vendor. An individual must also have one of the covered conditions as a result of exposure to radiation, beryllium, or silica while employed at an accepted facility. In addition, uranium miners, millers, and ore transporters are eligible for benefits if they develop an illness as a result of exposure to toxic substances (such as radiation, chemicals, solvents, acids, and metals) and worked at a facility covered under RECA. Eligibility requirements vary by location and condition.