``` ```
No Cost Services

Do You Have Doctors that Can Diagnose If I Have a Covered Health Condition?FAQ

There is a long list of benefits that are provided by United Energy Workers Health Care and Four Corners Health Care. Our clients are the people who worked for the United States Department of Energy as employees, contractors or subcontractors. If you have been diagnosed with an illness resulting from work exposure during your time with the Department of Energy, then you can qualify for free EEOCIPA and RECA home health care. Medical benefits from EEOCIPA and RECA include services, appliances, and supplies prescribed or recommended by a qualified physician, which are likely to cure, give relief to, or reduce the degree or the period of the accepted illness. Our home health care is one of the many medical benefits you may receive for an accepted illness under the EEOICPA. In order to receive our in home services, you will need to follow the steps outlined by the Department of Labor.

Step 1: Diagnosis

The very first step is getting your illness diagnosed. You can work with your treating physician for a diagnosis. Once you have been diagnosed with one of the listed illnesses associated with working for the Department of Energy, you are on your way to receiving your benefits. Your physician will determine if you, or your loved one, needs in home health care services.

Step 2: Validation

For EEOCIPA benefits, you or your loved one will need to have worked for the Department of Energy, as an employee, a contractor or subcontractor, or atomic weapons employers with radiation-induced cancer. You can also receive EEOCIPA benefits if you worked for the Department of Energy as an employee, contractor, subcontractor or vender at covered facilities where you were exposed to beryllium produced or processed for the Department of Energy and developed Chronic Beryllium Disease. Lastly, if you worked for the Department of Defense as an employee, contractor or subcontract for at least 250 days during the mining of tunnels at underground nuclear weapons tests sites in Nevada or Alaska and developed chronic silicosis, you can receive benefits.

You can receive RECA benefits if you or your loved one developed an illness due to toxic exposure while working for the Department of Energy at approved facilities as an employee, contractor, or subcontractors as uranium miner, miller or you transported ore. Toxic exposure includes radiation, and any chemicals, solvents, acids and metals used during processing.

Step 3: The Agency

Before you can ever make a claim for in home health care services, you will need to be pre-approved by the Division of Energy Employees Occupational Illness Compensation (DEEOIC). You will need to meet with your DEEOIC district office. Make certain your case ID number is clearly noted.

Step 4: Plan of Care

A plan of care specific to your needs will need to be submitted to the DEEOIC. Don’t worry though, with United Energy Workers Health Care and Four Corners Health Care as your provider we can take care of this step. We will work with your physician to create a plan of care that will meet your needs and those of the DEEOIC. We can help you with the paper work for your EEOCIPA and RECA benefits. Once completed you will be able to use our in home health care services and make your life that much better.

From Our Clients

Listen to our clients as they share their experiences in working with United Energy Workers Healthcare.

Real stories from real people.


“Who would have ever thought you could stay at home and be a care giver and still get money.”

Who We Serve

Do you have this card?

If you already have this card, then you are already approved to receive no-cost medical benefits! Call us to get started today.

In order to be eligible for EEOICPA/RECA benefits, an individual must have been employed at a covered Department of Energy facility, an approved atomic weapons facility, or at a permitted beryllium vendor. An individual must also have one of the covered conditions as a result of exposure to radiation, beryllium, or silica while employed at an accepted facility. In addition, uranium miners, millers, and ore transporters are eligible for benefits if they develop an illness as a result of exposure to toxic substances (such as radiation, chemicals, solvents, acids, and metals) and worked at a facility covered under RECA. Eligibility requirements vary by location and condition.