``` ```
No Cost Services

Can I Choose or Request the Nurses and Doctors that Visit My Home?FAQ


No-Cost Services

The Energy Employees Occupational Illness Compensation Program Act (EEOICPA) and the Radiation Exposure Compensation Act (RECA), qualified individuals may be eligible for free home healthcare benefits at no cost to them. These benefits guarantee payment of medical costs such as:

  • Consultations and doctors’ visits;
  • Reasonable medical care and travel costs associated with receiving such care;
  • Inpatient and/or outpatient hospital costs;
  • Laboratory testing;
  • Other similar medical and home healthcare costs.

Because a person’s health and healthcare is such a personal and intimate facet of the person’s life, it is not uncommon for individuals to develop close and trusting relationships with certain caregivers, nurses, or doctors who work with United Energy Workers Health. The good news for recipients of EEOICPA and/or RECA benefits is that you will are able to choose and request the individuals who provide you with care in your home.

Choosing and Changing Your Own Provider for Home Healthcare

United Energy Workers Health assists Department of Energy (DOE) employees and others who were exposed to radiation around nuclear power plants and who thereafter developed certain radiation-related illnesses obtain home healthcare benefits under the EEOICPA and/or RECA program. Unlike other programs (such as a state’s workers’ compensation program) that require beneficiaries to receive treatment only from certain medical providers, recipients of EEOICPA and/or RECA benefits are able to choose their own licensed medical care providers to provide home healthcare services. This means you are able to receive care in your home at the hands of professionals with whom you have already built a relationship and whom you already trust.

What is more, there is no restriction that would prevent an EEOICPA or RECA beneficiary from changing providers at any time. Thus, if the quality of care you receive from your present home healthcare provider deteriorates and reaches an unacceptable level, you are free to seek out services and care from a new provider of your choice.

Contact United Energy Workers Healthcare and Four Corners Health Care Today

United Energy Workers Healthcare and Four Corners Health Care is dedicated to helping individuals obtain experienced and skilled home healthcare services through the EEOICPA and/or RECA programs. By calling us for a free consultation to see if you qualify or to schedule a preliminary visit, we can assist you in determining your eligibility for either program (as well as certain only programs) and immediately begin providing you with the home health services to which you are entitled at no cost. Our team of skilled nurses and caregivers, all of whom are licensed to practice medicine, are enrolled in the EEOICPA and RECA programs  so you pay nothing out of pocket. They are sure to make you feel cared for as they develop trusting bonds with you and your loved ones. Contact United Energy Workers Healthcare and Four Corners Health Care today at (800) 314-2383 to learn more.

From Our Clients

Listen to our clients as they share their experiences in working with United Energy Workers Healthcare.

Real stories from real people.


“Who would have ever thought you could stay at home and be a care giver and still get money.”

Who We Serve

Do you have this card?

If you already have this card, then you are already approved to receive no-cost medical benefits! Call us to get started today.

In order to be eligible for EEOICPA/RECA benefits, an individual must have been employed at a covered Department of Energy facility, an approved atomic weapons facility, or at a permitted beryllium vendor. An individual must also have one of the covered conditions as a result of exposure to radiation, beryllium, or silica while employed at an accepted facility. In addition, uranium miners, millers, and ore transporters are eligible for benefits if they develop an illness as a result of exposure to toxic substances (such as radiation, chemicals, solvents, acids, and metals) and worked at a facility covered under RECA. Eligibility requirements vary by location and condition.