``` ```
No Cost Services

Is there an age restriction on those who qualify for EEOICPA or RECA benefits?FAQ


No-Cost Services

Knowing that your family member is suffering or has suffered from exposure to toxic substances while working for, or in concert with, the Department of Energy will make you wonder about EEOICPA and RECA benefits. There are numerous toxic substances listed by the Department of Defense such as asbestos, acetone, beryllium, benzene, chromium, lead, mercury, nickel, silica, thorium, and uranium. There is not necessarily an age limit for EEOICPA and RECA benefits, but your loved one will need to qualify in other ways.


The Energy Employees Occupational Illness Compensation Program Act (EEOICPA ) was created to help Department of Energy contractors and subcontractors to receive a federal payment of compensation and medical benefits. These benefits are for your family members who developed an occupational illness as a result of exposure to toxic substances at certain Department of Energy facilities. If you loved one was a uranium worker, then they will be covered under the Radiation Exposure Compensation Act (RECA) and can receive government compensation for illnesses associated with Department of Energy uranium facilities. The program is administered by the Department of Labor.

To Qualify

Age is not the limitation. In order to qualify, your loved one will need to have worked for the Department of Defense as a contractor, subcontractor or uranium miner for at least 250 days. There is also a list of applicable contractors, subcontractors and facilities you can check to determine if you loved one can qualify for EEOICPA and RECA benefits. A good resource for you to use is the United States Department of Labor website. You will be able to find any applicable information.

Survivor Benefits

In addition to your loved ones benefits to receive in home health services and health care reimbursements, there are also benefits to surviving relatives. This can be children, a spouse, even grandchildren. There are even provisions where you can receive a reimbursement to care for your loved ones. All you need to do is work with one of our knowledgeable United Energy Workers Health Care home specialists to become certified.

Navigating EEOICPA and RECA

Like many Government programs, the amount of paperwork associated with EEOICPA and RECA benefits can be bewildering. That is where United Energy Workers Health Care comes in. We provide assistance with the paperwork required by the Department of Labor. Our home health care specialists work with our registered nurses, dietitians, and medical professionals to bring your suffering loved ones relief. We work with you to make the best of a difficult situation.

United Energy Workers Health Care

Caring for your suffering loved ones can be stressful. As you dedicate more and more time to their needs, you might begin to worry about your own employment. Our home services can help to alleviate your stress and worry. We provide help with light chores, meal preparation, transportation, and in home medical services. We can help reduce your stress while maintaining a high level of professional care.

From Our Clients

Listen to our clients as they share their experiences in working with United Energy Workers Healthcare.

Real stories from real people.


“Who would have ever thought you could stay at home and be a care giver and still get money.”

Who We Serve

Do you have this card?

If you already have this card, then you are already approved to receive no-cost medical benefits! Call us to get started today.

In order to be eligible for EEOICPA/RECA benefits, an individual must have been employed at a covered Department of Energy facility, an approved atomic weapons facility, or at a permitted beryllium vendor. An individual must also have one of the covered conditions as a result of exposure to radiation, beryllium, or silica while employed at an accepted facility. In addition, uranium miners, millers, and ore transporters are eligible for benefits if they develop an illness as a result of exposure to toxic substances (such as radiation, chemicals, solvents, acids, and metals) and worked at a facility covered under RECA. Eligibility requirements vary by location and condition.